THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS!
Enterprise Services received more than 800 comments during the Draft EIS comment period that closed on August 29, 2021. All Draft EIS comments received during the extended, 62-day comment period will be published on the project website by early October. The Final EIS will include a comment response summary that documents comments and how they were addressed.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
The EIS Project Team is already reviewing and analyzing the comments. Comments received will inform additional analysis and other work needed to deliver a Final EIS in 2022 and identify a Preferred Alternative for long-term management of Capitol Lake – Deschutes Estuary.
WORK GROUPS AND CSB WILL MEET IN NOVEMBER
The Executive and Technical Work Groups and Community Sounding Board will reconvene in November (see dates and times below). Topics for those meetings are expected to include:
- Summary of Draft EIS comment themes
- Description of focus areas for the Final EIS
- Discussion on the remaining steps in the Preferred Alternative identification process
Work Group and Community Sounding Board meetings are open to the public. Information about upcoming and past meetings is posted on the Meetings page.
- Executive Work Group: November 8, 2021 – 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Technical Work Group: November 17, 2021 – 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Community Sounding Board: November 17, 2021 – 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.